Monday, November 28, 2011

Introducing Justice

I promised a girlfriend for Dewie the day I got him, but I promised an orange tabby female.  I knew how rare it is to find a female orange tabby so I guess that was kind of mean.  Adam had moved in with me while I was attending Vet Tech school in Morehead, KY in March 2010.

A month before Adam moved in, a stray came to my back door and was whining to come inside.
At the time, I had an intact female German Shepherd (that was in heat!) I was watching for a friend of mine, my room mates dog, and a foster puppy in the house.



I frantically put everyone away so I could bring this poor dog into my house so I could figure out what to do.  I had to go to class in 20 minutes so yes, I was freaking out!!


 But, I brought him in and called the local pound because I had no room for him :(



I gave him some treats, then locked him in my bathroom since that was the only room I had available!

The dog warden couldn't pick him up until later so I drove him to the pound after I got back from class, PRAYING that he wouldn't destroy the bathroom.  When I came back, he was just sleeping on the blanket I 
gave him.

So...a month after he was at the pound, the rescue, STAR, called me to tell me that he was on the put to sleep list because he is about 6 years old and older dogs rarely get adopted.  Adam and I went to go pick him up and brought him to another shelter in Lexington, where he would have a much better chance.  He was a sweet boy so I'm sure he passed the temperament test!  We would have fostered him but Adam was really allergic to him :(  When we went to go drop him off, Adam wanted to go look at some kitties.  There, we saw Justice, the car alarm.  She's called the car alarm because when Adam would go up to her cage, she would chirp like a car alarm.  She sure put on a show and won us over.  We put an application in, thought about it for a few days, and decided to take her home.



 Justice and Dewie love each other! :)


Cuddle buddies? I think so!

The humane society actually had named her Justice.  It fit her so well that we didn't change it!  At first, she didn't want anything to do with us at home.  Occasionally, she would let us pet her and she would like it! haha.  Her favorite toy is a ball with a bell in it so she can chase it around the house at 3am and meow as LOUD as she can throughout the night.  About a couple of months ago, she finally started becoming a lap cat.   She's certainly much more independent than Dewie but she's coming around now and is needy when there's food around!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Found you via Pauley James - looking forward to getting to know you and your "kids" better. :)

    Dewie and his new girlfriend are adorable together - what a catch!

    And thank you for all you've done to help that stray. He's a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love to see kitties curled up together; wish ours would do more of it. Glad Dewie has a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is very interesting, the writing is very vivid, very pleasant surprise pople. I have come some advice to about Veterinary Technician School or Veterinarian Training. Thanks for sharing.....vet tech college in Illinois

    ReplyDelete